Veterinary Pharmacy Certificate
The Veterinary Pharmacy Certificate demonstrates your proficiency in providing pharmaceutical care for animals. After earning this certificate, you will show your expertise in:
- Veterinary pharmacy-related terminology and concepts
- Veterinary medicine regulations and compliance
- Veterinary medications – including compounded preparations
- Special considerations for providing pharmaceutical care to dogs, cats, birds, horses and other animals.
Demonstrate Your Advanced Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Veterinarian-Client-Patient relationship
- Compliance with veterinary drug regulations
- Processing veterinary prescriptions
- Compounding and flavoring considerations for animals
- Requirements for dispensing veterinary medications
- Veterinary drug information resources
Option 1. Completion of a BPTS-Recognized Training Program for Veterinary Pharmacy, OR
Option 2. A minimum of 1 year or 1,000 hours of supervised pharmacy experience related to veterinary pharmacy.
The exam fee for the Veterinary Pharmacy Certificate is $49.
This fee includes one complimentary retake, if required.
The Veterinary Pharmacy Certificate Exam is a computer-based exam comprised of 60 multiple choice questions.
Candidates will have 90 minutes to complete the exam and survey.
The exam can be taken at your preferred location, such as at home, and is available online, 24/7.
As a part of the registration process, you will have the opportunity to indicate your need for ADA exam accommodations.
After registration is completed, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete and submit your request for accommodations.
Taking Your Exam
Instructions will be sent to candidates after applications are reviewed and approved.
Earning Your Certificate & Badge
After passing the exam, you will receive a digital badge and certificate through Credly. This will allow you to print a copy of your certificate and display your digital badge on your resume, your social accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) or even as part of your email signature.
The Veterinary Pharmacy Certificate does not require renewal.