Diversion Prevention Certificate
The Controlled Substances Diversion Prevention Certificate demonstrates your proficiency in the prevention of controlled substances diversion. After earning this certificate, you will show your expertise in:
- Consequences of diversion
- Signs of impaired health-care workers
- Areas of vulnerability in procurement, preparation, and dispensing, prescribing, administration, and waste/removal processes
- Types and functions of security control measures, devices, and software to detect and prevent diversion
- DEA requirements for registration, record keeping, and conducting physical inventories
- Identifying suspicious data patterns, product tampering, and fraudulent prescriptions
Demonstrate Your Advanced Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Common signs of controlled substances diversion
- Consequences of controlled substance diversion
- Federal regulations and requirements pertaining to controlled substances
- Best practices of controlled substance diversion prevention programs
- Controlled substance diversion surveillance
- Controlled substance diversion investigations
Option 1. Completion of a BPTS-Recognized Training Program for Controlled Substances Diversion Prevention, OR
Option 2. A minimum of 1 year or 1,000 hours of supervised pharmacy experience related to controlled substances diversion prevention.
Recognized Training Programs
The following are BPTS-Recognized training programs for the Controlled Substances Diversion Prevention Certificate Exam:
Additional training programs will be added upon recognition.
*Training providers interested in submitting a program for recognition – click here.
The exam fee for the Controlled Substances Diversion Prevention Certificate is $49.
This fee includes one complimentary retake, if required.
The Controlled Substances Diversion Prevention Certificate Exam is a computer-based exam comprised of 60 multiple choice questions.
Candidates will have 90 minutes to complete the exam and survey.
The exam can be taken at your preferred location, such as at home, and is available online, 24/7.
As a part of the registration process, you will have the opportunity to indicate your need for ADA exam accommodations.
After registration is completed, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete and submit your request for accommodations.
Taking Your Exam
Instructions will be sent to candidates after applications are reviewed and approved.
Earning Your Certificate & Badge
After passing the exam, you will receive a digital badge and certificate through Credly. This will allow you to print a copy of your certificate and display your digital badge on your resume, your social accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) or even as part of your email signature.
The Controlled Substances Diversion Prevention Certificate does not require renewal.